Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wordless Wednesday-Decorating for Spring

It's been one of those days... OK, so it's not really "wordless" Wednesday, but I can guarantee that I was "wordless" for a moment when I came home at lunch and found that the puppies were decorating for spring this morning. I think they were very proud of themselves, and I'm pretty sure I heard Phoebe telling Olive and Avery that the pink really makes the pen "pop." In my own defense, all this stuff was on top of the kitchen cart, so they must have clanked the pen and knocked it off-balance somehow. Lucky pups when the pink tote bag fell in their pen.

The bag was full of really cute spring note pads, stickers, decorative boxes, tissue paper, and little tin pails. I found all this really cute stuff at the store the other day, and had it sorted out to bring to Columbia to share with our friends at the dog show. So for all of you going to Columbia, the puppies would like to thank you for donating your cute spring presents to their toy fund.

The big bonus for the puppies? Well, that tote bag also had THREE bags full of super cute paw shaped lollipops. The puppies ate nearly all the lollipops, but thankfully I already had one "bouquet" made up to take to the show, and it was in the cabinet! But really, I think the pups ate nearly 40 lollipops. I found sticks and chewed up wrappers with little bits of candy crushed in the corners. Oh, and once I could look at the puppies without wanting to scream, I realized that they were all like little Easter eggs. Each of the puppies had little splotches of pastel colored lollipop stuck in their fur.

Once I had the kitchen cleaned up, I felt it was best to leave the puppies like this for the next few hours:

I'm pretty sure they crashed after their major sugar high. Unfortunately, they were completely rejuvenated by the time I got home from work, and it's been raining. Terrific combination, wild puppies and rain and mud.

Is it Friday yet? Please? I am willing to sacrifice Thursdsay if it will make Friday get here any faster!

11 comments:

dreameyce said...

I'm trying not to laugh... I promise I'm trying!!

I wouldn't be laughing if that had been my house though ;)

Sarah said...

Yes, I'm sure hear you *not* laughing ...

penni said...

You have baddogs in training. They will go forth and do baaaad!

StubbyDog said...

Wow! Yep, this is definitely the age at which my puppies needed to go forth and do bad in other people's houses. :)

Janet said...

Oh boy. I just can't wait until we have puppies at our house. (note that I used periods and not exclamation points)

Sherilyn said...

I'm really trying not to laugh, but I can't help it. Little stinkers! And we love the baaaaad ones, don't we? Makes for fun in the show ring! hehe

Good luck this weekend! We'll miss everyone! I'm heading to Warrensburg this weekend. Erin (my sister) and I are planning a nice little lunch for Mom and Karl for their 20th anniversary. We're taking stuff into the nursing home to celebrate.

Hugs!

Taryn said...

What a mess! At least it was confined to the x-pen area! Those pups must have had a blast, esp. once the sugar high hit!

coopercreek said...

OH LORD! Bad dogs....Uncle Gizmo's in training. It's in their blood. haha!

Claudia said...

I am really not laughing, just grinning a lot!

Dawn said...

Oh heck, lets be honest we are all giggling maniacly! Sorry they made such a mess, but it could be worse. Did I ever show you the 8 x 4 inch hole in the middle of my livingroom carpet? Good thing they are so darn cute.

colorandtexture said...

They do have sorta glowy demon eyes in the first picture . . . maybe those sweet little pups were possessed only momentarily . . . okay, I'm giggling . . .